Sunday, November 8, 2009

Random Gigs

One of my favorite parts of being an actor is doing the countless gigs that aren't necessarily acting...but aren't quite normal work, either. (This is how we survive when we're not doing a show, if we're lucky.) Thankfully, I've done boatloads of these, and I've got a packed week of them coming up!

What might these include, you may ask?

-Party princesses
-Promotional foot teams (Yup, those obnoxious folk with flyers who flag you down)
-Promo people who give you free juice or products
-Friendly people who lead fun events at grand openings
-Giant mascot-headed Blues, Mickeys and Spongebobs
-Singing telegrams (they still exist!)
-Standardized Patients in medical facilities
-Fun, energetic people to lead corporate teambuilding events or exercises
-Actors in corporate-held murder mysteries

...and countless more!

Last week I helped a team of suits make bridges out of chocolate. This week I'll be a patient, a leader in a corporate event scavenger hunt, and a leader in a corporate event to put bicycles together for charity.

I may have to expand my special skills section.