Tuesday, July 31, 2012

California, So Much to Plunder!

Hello, friends! :D

As of tomorrow, I will have been in LA for *4 weeks.*

What has a month done for me?
I know how to get around (it helps that I'm a human GPS). I know where neighborhoods are, generally, and what they're like! I know where all my contacts are--and I've visited their offices! I've met with NEARLY everyone I'd pledged to see while I was here, and I am so much darker than my idling shade of porcelain that it's alarming. AND I'm getting the creeping utz that I'd be much more comfortable out here than I'd previously imagined. ;)

I've done some REALLY fun LA things, too--my favorite movie in the history of time and space is THE BIG LEBOWSKI, and they do outdoor screenings of films at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. Last weekend they screened the light of my life (read: Big Lebowski), and the lawn was FILLED with Little Lebowski Urban Achievers, Dude costumes and buckets of White Russians.

Me & Babster, Urban Achievers.

AAAAAAAAAAND: Since TBL is based upon a real Dude, guess who showed up?!

Jeff Dowd, the actual Dude.

I also took a pole dancing class here. It was A*W*E*S*O*M*E. Admittedly, I was reminded that I get motion sick very easily--but otherwise? Epically amazing, and it won't be the last of that in my life!

And I'm seeing movies that I've wanted to see--there are also plenty of opportunities to do that in NY, so I'm gonna get on some mailing lists--but here was a screening of Fat Kid Rules the World, Matthew Lillard's film which took SXSW by storm this year!

Ya herrrrrrd.


So that's all the fun stuff that I've been digging into! And there's much more to do--but I have a feeling that this is far from the last time I'll be out here in La-La-Land. :) After all--it's FRANNY's turn, soon!

What else do I need to see and do while I'm here?

<3
Jen