Monday, July 23, 2012

Hitting my West-Coast Stride!

I've now been in LA for 2 weeks--YAHOO!

What's happened since my last post?

5 workshops, my first LA premiere (PETUNIA, OutFest), catching up with a fair amount of my LA friends, LOTS of traveling and discovery and--as of yesterday--my very first audition out here! :D

Pelicans on a rock in Malibu!

I've been SO well-received out here, I'm really really pleased. I'm doing good work in front of people that I want to meet; I made my very first LA friend all by myself; I'm driving around enough to get familiar with the layout of the town, and I'm getting out and meeting people and seeing good work! It's clearer to me every single day that this was the EXACT right time to come out. :)

Cars like this are EVERYWHERE. I want one with wood paneling SO BADLY.

So what am I in love with? The cool night breezes, the flora--oh lord, the flora!, the Alice-in-Wonderland-eque trees everywhere, the integration of celebrities virtually everywhere you go (I've met a ton already), driving everywhere--yes, I know, I am a terrible New Yorker. But I really REALLY love to drive. And--of course--the PLETHORA of work. There's just so MUCH here, how can you not love it?

What do I not love? For one thing, these flowers.
They are super-gross and I squinch up my face every time I smell them.
(I do, however, love that there are purple and magenta flowers everywhere.)

I'm not sure I can see myself out here permanently, but it DOES make me ready to figure out the best way to be bicoastal--and I already have a bunch of great ideas and plans brewin'!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I'm honestly so grateful to be out here with dear friends, doing good work and having fun--oh, and sunscreen. Very very grateful for sunscreen.

Director Ash Christian and his cast of PETUNIA at OutFest!

Here's hoping I have a great excuse to have an extended stay!

<3
Jen