Monday, May 28, 2012

YES: Muppets, Here I Come!

Sooo....I booked that Muppet film! :D


My dearest dreams are being actualized with a fun director, a fantastically hilarious co-star, and HENSON-BRANDED MUPPETS.

Oh? What's that? MuppetS? Oh yeah, see--because, I get to act with a Muppet. I also get to be one.


I was gonna make this short, but I figure, why not give you all the details I possibly can?

As you have probably been able to divine, acting with Muppets has always been my #1 dream. After all, how could we better measure the success of actors in the '70s and '80s than if they had a cameo in a Muppet movie, or were guest starring on The Muppet Show?

Me and my ragtag bunch over at Manifesting Mastermind decided to challenge ourselves--we were going to see if we could manifest a miracle. Anything Henson related is always a hot topic on our podcast, so that energy was being funneled into the miraculous intentions. Within 2 days of our podcast, I was contacted by a Columbia director who's reached out to me a number of times (none of them have synched with my schedule until now). He says to me: Hey Jen, I'm making a movie about a man who is reincarnated as a Muppet, and I'd like for you to audition for the role of his girlfriend.

Thus, my miracle. :) I auditioned, was then called back, and finally got the news that I'd booked about a week ago. More ways it's a miracle? It's a long-form improv movie; my co-star is hilarious; not only does he become a Muppet, but SO DO I (as per the picture above). Oh--and my director is incorporating my fellow Masterminder Kay, who is a fledgling Muppeteer in the making (and that was HER miracle).

I feel SO delighted and fulfilled about all this! It's fun, it's with good people, and it's calling into my life something that I've dreamt of since I first saw Kermit. :D YES! More fun pictures and maybe even videos to come!

<3
Jen