Monday, April 2, 2012

"Are You In LA?!"

Nope. ;) (Huh. I suppose this post could end here, but--)

So, a LOT of people are excited and pleased with the way my career's moving along (Yay! Thank you!), and over and over again, I get, "Sooooo...when are you moving to LA?"

This is such a loaded question for a NY actor! Some actors never want LA to be in their scope, some were already there and prefer NY, many can't WAIT to get there.

Beloved Mayor Bloomberg just introduced 5 more sound studios to the city, and this has facilitated the first time NY actually trumps LA in drama pilots! That's pretty powerful. 2011 was a record high of 23 TV shows in NY, and I trust that 2012 will be even more. :) Not to mention, of course, that every lick of work I've done has been here--all the TV shows, the movies screening at prestigious festivals, everything has been NY-based. So anyone who says there's no work in NY is just plain wrong.

For me, though? Yeah, I think LA is the ultimate destination for me. Why? Because I want SITCOMS--and as of right now, La-La Land is Sitcom-land!

So what'll it take for you to get on a plane?

I have a strong gut feeling that work will be what gets me out there--that the work comes first, THEN I fly out. And if it's time for LA to be my home, I'll know it. :)

<3
Jen