Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Gig-ity Gig-ities

(Yeah, like YOU could have resisted that reference.)

Though my last long run of a show--"Picasso at the Lapin Agile"--ended in June, I have been jumping from project to project this summer, and it's been such fun!

-Shot the feature "Jack & Diane" as a principal role in June
-Shot an MTV Promo for "Eat Pray Love" (if you've seen this, I'm the chick who digs guys with beards). I haven't been able to see it! If you do--let me know. :)
-Performed an Eve Ensler piece at a benefit for the Bellevue Rape Crisis Center
-Helped out my friends at Porch Light Productions with a children's show for a summer camp
-Helped out my friends at Black20 Studios with a web short about "The Wire"
-Started work on the pilot, "Center Stage." SO EXCITED.

...and, overall, just having some really incredible opportunities and auditions. This includes a great audition (and callback) for an NJ Lotto commercial, some wonderful theatre auditions (I rocked me some "Hairspray"), and my recent deep desire to donate my time and skills to organizations and people who make a real positive difference in the world. I've never had the schedule space to volunteer, and I'm really liking it.

So. If you're itching to go out there and work it, why not help someone out?

<3 Jen