Monday, July 12, 2010

A Sizzling Summer

And not just because last week was host to 3 days that topped 99 degrees (THAT was fun). So, where did we last leave off? Oh right! JACK & DIANE!

I had a really, really fantastic time on the shoot. I did not get to meet Ben Foster (his grandma was ill), but I DID get to work with Juno Temple (Lola in "Atonement"), and she was just a gem. Everyone I worked with was so kind and professional, it was just incredibly affirming and encouraging. :)

This leads to...


...MY SAG CARD! I just received a lovely letter in the mail from SAG inviting me to be a part of the prestigious union. YIPPEE! So that will be in the works shortly. :)

Other recent excitement?

-I was called back for a commercial for Hasbro (Angela Mickey, CD)
-I auditioned for the lovely Stephanie Klapper (CD, Stephanie Klapper Casting)
-I finished my run of "Picasso"! It was so good.
-I auditioned for "My Big Gay Italian Wedding"
-I filmed my Actor Intro!
-I was called in for a REALLY exciting pilot, "Small Actors"
-I was called in by a favorite CD, Michael Cassara, for this year's workshop of "Fat Camp" (last year I was called back several times for Britta)

I am also taking a TREMENDOUSLY exciting intensive with PalmStar Entertainment. Their casting associates had cast me in "Jack and Diane," and it's so great to see them again! I'm doing different sides for them each week, and last week's feedback was really encouraging--"That was really, really great. I don't even need to see another take." I'm really looking forward to this week's class!

Oh, and today I had a slammin' "Hairspray" audition.

AND--this is the last news, I think--I got a nod in the lovely Bonnie Gillespie's column, "The Actor's Voice." She's been doing 'actor interviews' via e-mail for her column, and I submitted my own to her. Read it here in the "Your Turn" section!

More to come. These is exciting times. ;)

xx
Jen